Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thirty-One Gifts and what it has done for me

As mentioned in the previous blog, I researched some direct selling companies. I did not want to get involved in a company where the market was saturated with consultants (Pamper Chef, Mary Kay, Home Interiors, etc.). I also wanted something different. I came across this catalog for Thirty-One Gifts that my mother-in-law had given me probably 6 months to a year prior. This was in October of 2007. I did my online research and checked out their website. After careful consideration, I decided to join in November of 2007. I had never been to a show or even seen the merchandise, just a catalog. I don't consider myself a sales person and I hate asking others for something, especially involving money. I am very outgoing and love to chit chat, but the mere thought of standing up in front of a group of people to sell something almost mortified me. But, I was ready to step outside of the box and take a chance. If nothing else, this could be good "therapy" for me to overcome probably the only shy side of me I had left; plus, I could get $300 worth of monogrammed bags, totes, etc. for $99. It was a win-win situation. Although I consider myself far from "succeeding" in this business yet, I did much more with it in the past year than I ever thought I would. I have made about $3800 in commissions over the past 1+ years and have 20+ ladies in my downline now (only 3 direct 1st line consultants, but the "family" just grew and grew from there). All of this without pushing the product or being a "go-getter" with it. Just think what I could have done if I would have pushed myself and REALLY stepped out of my box. I have really enjoyed doing this over the past 1+ years. I have met and made so many new friends through this business. I love the product line and the excitement it brings every time they launch a new line. There have been many months my commission check has contributed so much to the family income, where it be paying a bill or paying for an extracurricular activity for the boys or just paying for a dinner out. So, I am looking forward to what this year will bring with Thirty-One. My goal is to be director by the end of the year, so wish me luck. Gotta total eliminate the "box" I seem to hide in.

Anyone reading this blog can check out my website at www.mythirtyone.com/jeannie. Our 31 Kids line launches in April, which is a catalog geared towards babies and kids. In June, we are launching "Directions", which is a catalog geared towards teenagers. So, many exciting things coming up over the next few months. If you would like to make a purchase, book a show, or join my team, please feel free to contact me at the e-mail address and phone number listed on my website.

Well, better get back to playing "catch up"!! Have a nice day!!!!

Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment